Having an awesome level of physical fitness does mean that we should all strive to do. But it’s hard to regulate the fitness encompasses. According to the United States Department of Health and Human Services, physical fitness is defined as ” a set of attributes that people have or achieve that relates to the ability to perform physical activity”.
Regular physical activity is one of the most important things one can do for their health. Human has a subconscious mind due which they are not able to focus on a particular thing for a long time. So regular fitness is one of the most important things one can do. It may help one in the following points-
- It may help to reduce body weight.
- May lower the risk of heart diseases.
- It lowers the chance of diabetes and metabolic syndromes.
- Lower the risk of cancer and strengthen your body cells.
- Strengthen your bones and muscles which provides power to the body.
- Improves your mental health and gives you a dashing personality.
- It increases your day to day working ability which helps you to do work in a faster and smarter way.
- Last but not least it increases your chance to live long for one. We observe in our surroundings that now and then people are dying because of heart attack and many more diseases.
Health and skill-related components of physical fitness.
Physical fitness is a state of mind, consist of your ability to fulfill all usual undertaking without debilitating. More comprehensively it contains the number of components which covers all aspects widely:
Physical health components:
1) Cardiovascular Endurance – this is the ability of the circulatory system to supply oxygen to working muscles during exercise. The more we can train this part, the more efficient our body become in delivering oxygen and clearing lactic acid. Lactic acid is the by-product of oxygen consumption. It can build up in our muscular system can cause muscles to seize and stop working.
2) Body composition – it describes the percentages of fat, bone, water, and muscle in human bodies.
The density of human fat is remarkably constant across all sub-groups studied but variations have been reported in the density of the fat-free mass.
3) Flexibility – The best time to do flexibility exercises is when your muscles are already warm so they can stretch farther without tightness or pain.
Examples of flexibility exercises:
ii) Forward bend – reach your chest toward your toes while standing or seated
Muscular Strength – Muscular strength is the ability to exert force against a resistance.
How to build muscular strength?
Workout – if you want to strengthen a particular muscle, you must train it using some form of resistance.
Eat – to build muscle we must fuel them. Ensure you eat a healthy diet and cut out unnecessary fats. Protein is key. Ensure you eat at least 1 gram of protein per kg of body weight each day. A good mix of fruit and vegetables helps to support a healthy diet.
Rest – it is vital to take time out to allow the body to heal and grow.
Muscular Endurance – Muscular endurance refers to the ability of a given muscle to exert force, consistently and repetitively, over a while. Muscular endurance is crucial if you want to increase your physical stamina.
Skill related components :
5) Reaction time
Fitting regular exercise into your daily schedule may seem difficult at first but even ten minutes at a time is fine.
All you have to choose are the right exercise for you. Here are 10 effective core and leg exercises to develop an athletic physique and improve your athletic performances:
2) single leg shuffle
3) knee hop
4) skater jump
5) reverse lunge with knee raise
6) stability dead-lifts (knee in the front)
7) lateral leg swing
8) lateral single leg dead-lift
9) stability dead-lift (leg behind)
10) stability dead-lift (with knee raise)
Physical fitness can also help in improving your mental health and mood. Thus, your physical health is as important as your mental health.